Skiers Insurance

Choose the right skiers insurance to suit your ability

  • Published on
  • Estimated reading time: 3 minutes

If you’re just starting off learning to ski and know you’re going to be spending all your time on the gentle beginners’ slopes, you don’t want to have to pay for the same type of skier’s insurance as people going off-piste and doing all sorts of adventurous things.  Similarly, if you’re an advanced skier who wants to try new and exciting things, you’ll need a higher level of cover than the basic skier’s insurance.  That’s why ERV offer three different policies for skiers so they can get the cover they need without paying for cover they don’t.  Here is some information about the three different levels to help you choose the best one for you.


These policies are not necessarily just for beginners.  With two levels of cover and plenty of winter sport activities included, they are suitable for most skiers who are planning to stay on-piste and wear the appropriate protective gear.  Aside from the usual skiing and snowboarding on these slopes, the following activities are also covered: Biathlon, Bigfoot Skiing, Glacier Skiing within Marked Areas, Langlauf/Cross Country/Nordic Walking, Mono Skiing and Snowblading.  In addition, these other winter sports are covered under these policies: Dog Sledding, Glacier Walking within marked areas, Ice Skating, Snow Shoeing, Speed Skating and Tobogganing.  Red Rookie Cover offers emergency medical cover up to £5,000,000 and up to £10,000 personal accident cover.  Both policies cover personal effects, luggage delay, winter sports equipment, cancellation and curtailment expenses.  Black Rookie Cover offers up to £10,000,000 emergency medical cover and £25,000 personal accident cover.  This policy covers higher amounts for every area it covers.


For people who want to go off-piste with a professional guide, these are the skiers’ insurance policies you may want to consider.  The two levels of cover are the same as the Rookie cover but more activities are covered, simply select the Adventurer option when you get a quote.  In addition to everything the Rookie policies cover, the Adventurer policies also cover you for Cat Skiing/Snowboarding, Dry Slope Skiing/Snowboarding, Heli-Skiing or Snowboarding with professional guide, Ski Race Training, Ski Touring (Ski Randonee) with a professional guide and Skiing/Snowboarding – off piste with a professional guide.  Ice-hockey is also covered under this policy.


Elite skiers who go off-piste without a guide and/or perform jumps and tricks or compete in skiing competitions need the highest level of cover to ensure they will get everything they need if they should have an accident taking part in these more dangerous activities.  Simply select the Pro option when you get a quote. With these policies, you’ll be covered for Freestyle Skiing/Snowboarding within a resort organised park, Ski Mountaineering, Ski Racing (slalom, giant slalom, super G only limited to 7 days racing in policy period), Ski Touring (Ski Randonee) and Skiing/Snowboarding – Off Piste.  Luging and Bobsleighing are also covered.  Just like the other two types of policies, there are two levels of cover with the Pro policies and they cover all the same aspects as the other two.

Whichever level you choose, annual policies are available for people who like to ski regularly and we even offer ski instructor insurance.  We are experts in skier’s insurance and won the best specialist insurer award at the World Snow Awards, so if you are still unsure about which of our ski policies would best suit the sort of skiing you want to do, you can speak to one of our team and they would be happy to assist you.


Comments are closed.

"Absolutely great service. Thank you

Very helpful, good communication kept me up to date on progress. Really good customer service which is just what you need when under pressure of illness. "

ERV Customer - April 2018

feefo review